The degraded state of land resources leads to other significant environmental problems.
Addressing land usage and conservation is among the priorities of the international public interest environmental law organization Environment-People-Law.
- advocates for compliance with environmental land use law by developers and government agencies,
- advocates for compliance with requirements of land use in sanitary-protected zones of enterprises;
- prevents misuse of valuable lands including those of natural reserves,
- provides assistance to natural reserves in solving their land and legal issues;
- improves legislation on land use and protection.
EPL hopes to assist in and encourage the development of an environmental network of unified and interconnected protected lands for protection of wildlife habitat and natural areas.